Autel MaxiIM IM608 has the same diagnostic software as Autel maxisys MS908P, but it covers immo functions, special functions and programming/reflashing abilities which MS908p cannot work. Pls read the chart for details
Chart: MaxiIM IM608 vs. MaxiSys MS908 pro
Autel IM608 key programming:
SMART MOD: Explanatory and Router Key Programming
EXPERT MOD: Advanced Key Programming
* PIN / CS Reading (Full Lost)
* Key Generation
* Key Programming
* Command Introduction
* Backup / Repair IMMO Data
* IMMO ECU Brain Reset / Adaptation
* IMMO ECU Brain Reset / Coding
* BENZ 3rd Generation IMMO Key Splicing, Full Lost, Key Programming
* BMW FEM / BDC Key Programming and ECU Adaptation
* BMW CAS4 / 3/2 Key Programming
* VW / AUDI MQB Key Programming, 48 Transponder (96-bit) Key Splicing, Full Lost, A6 Full Lost and More …
IM608 Immo Vehicle Coverage:
Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Hummer, Jeep, Citroen, Fiat, Jaguar, Land Rover, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Saab, Volvo, Volkswagen, Audi, Bentley, Seat, Skoda, BMW, Mini, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota
Pls check Autel MaxiIM IM608 IMMO vehicle list on official website:
Autel IM608 chip programming: ( done withXP400 SWITCH)
* PC Supported
* MCU / EEPROM Chip Read / Write
* ECU Reading / Writing
* MC9S12 Encrypted Chip Read / Write
* Key Reading / Writing
* Mercedes Infrared Key Reading / Writing
* Finding the Control Frequency
* IC Card Reading / Writing
To sum up,
Autel IM608 key programming function is MUCH better than Autel Maxisys series.
IM608 comes with a XP400 programmer to read/write MCU, EEPROM Chip, IC card, key frequency etc. But Maxisys does not.
Maxisys MS908P could program the ECU of Benz and BMW, and have ECU coding function.
IM608 only could ECU code (ECU coding), could not program ECU of cars.
Both tools have trust and sustainability. Thus, if you are focus on key programming, go for IM608 instead.
If you need a tool for diagnosis only, MS908 is a decent machine at a better price.