AURO OtoSys IM100 is verified to work with VOLVO immobilizer from the year 2010 to 2016.
It’s second to Lonsdor K518ISE universal key programming tool that support VOLVO.
Step 1: learn keys
AURO Otosys im100 tested with Volvo immo…
Otosys IM100 Volvo car list:
Volvo S60, S80, V40, V60, V70, XC60, XC70
semi-smart keys 2010-2016
Keyless CAN system
Auro IM100 Auto Key Programmer begins to program new semi-smartkeys to Volvo when all keys are lost
If you want to continue to performing this function, there must be one key!
The original key, if cleared successfully, needs to be learned again
Please verify the type of the key first
Learned keys: 2
Step 2: decrypt the immo & clear all keys
The immobilizer unit is to be decrypted, which may last a few hours.
Please make sure that the ignition is turned off
You can exit this process at any time and continue from the interruption point in the next operation
Decrypting the immobilizer unit…
The procedure will take 0-8 hours due to the difference between vehicles.
You’d better manually close the center-control LCD, lamp, etc. Toreduce the power consumption
It doesn’t matter whether the door is opened or closed
You can exit this process at any time and continue from the interruption point in the next operation
Otosys im100 is reading security data
Don’t disconnect the OBD connection
Copy CEM security data successfully
All key cleared! Learned keys: 0
Step 3: learn keys
Key learning success
Remove the key from the key slot
Learned keys: 4
Credits to all off obd2tool.com working for the IM100 test
Install the ICarScan VCI EZdiag APP, and when it is running, prompt: APP EZdiag stopped
This is usually because the phone’s operating system is not compatible with the icarscan APP.
Customers need to provide:
For App versions, box Numbers, phone models and android versions, it’s best to record a video to locate the problem
According to the information provided by the customer, we will modify our APP to be compatible with the customer’s mobile system.
If you have more questions about LAUNCH ICARSCAN, please contact our sales <email@example.com > , our website
OBD2TOOL All rights reserved this article.
Witch kind of key Autel MaxiSys Elite can program?
This product support IMMO Matching and program many kind of keys from different manufacturer, you can provide your model, then we will check for you.
Does this Autel Maxisys Elite show you connector diagrams, wire diagrams, etc? And can you update it say once every 5 years, without paying for each year?
Sorry it dose not show connector diagrams, wire diagrams, but have data stream and graph display, it’s with 1 year free update, after 1 year it will be charged for updating.
Your car is a work of art – really. Entire teams have spent years designing, testing and tweaking your auto’s internal design to ensure that it meets your needs. But without maintenance, the vehicle that has been designed with the utmost care might start to display its age.
The engine will wear. The transmission will wear. Your vehicle will become less reliable.
And sure, there are some manufacturers that are known to have problems while others are known for cars that can last hundreds of thousands of miles with little to no problems.
You’ll want to do a few things well before even thinking about your vehicle’s maintenance with Car Repair Software:
1. Read the manual. The manual will have your maintenance schedule and all of the information you need to know to properly maintain your auto.
2. Pay attention to your vehicle. Your vehicle’s normal driving condition will change over time. Pay attention to any changes in your vehicle, such as slower response time, bucking or any other “sicknesses” that may indicate a serious problem with your vehicle.
3. Check your computer. Your vehicle has a computer that monitors your vehicle’s condition at all times. This on-board diagnostics system will display a check engine light, and it gives insight into your vehicle’s current problems. Fixd car diagnostic is a cheaper OBD-II reader that can be used for diagnosing car problems.
4. Find a go-to mechanic. Unless you’re willing to get your hands dirty and learn on-the-go, you need to find a go-to mechanic that can help you correct some of the more intense problems with your automobile. This mechanic should be honest and willing to work with you on an acceptable time schedule.
These are just some of the basics that can go a long way in ensuring that your vehicle stays in tip-top shape for years to come.
Checklist of Maintenance Tips to Extend Your Vehicle’s Lifespan
You spent a lot of money on your vehicle, so it only makes sense to do everything you can to extend the vehicle’s lifespan. The 5 DIY maintenance tips to extend your vehicle’s lifespan that I recommend are:
1. Change the air filter (12 months/12,000 miles)
2. Change the oil and oil filter.
3. Check all of your fluids often and top off.
4. Clean the battery terminals.
5. Change the spark plugs.
Print out this checklist to better be able to maintain your vehicle. I recommend that you pick a manual for your vehicle that provides you with vehicle-specific instructions on repairing and maintaining your vehicle.
But we’ll provide some information for these basic maintenance tasks below.
1. How to Change an Air Filter
Changing an air filter is so easy that you often don’t need tools, and when you do, a ratchet is often the only thing you’ll need. The air filter should be changed every 12 months or 12,000 miles – whichever comes first.
You’ll need to:
1. Open the hood of the car.
2. Locate the black box with clips on the side.
3. Open the casing.
4. Note the placement of the filter.
5. Remove the filter.
6. Place the new filter inside.
7. Close the case and position the metal clips again.
That’s it. Online forums or a good manual will help you locate the air filter.
* Oil filter wrench
* Oil pan
Follow the mileage benchmark set in your manual for when to change your oil. Now, make sure the vehicle is cool. You’ll also need a car jack and need to know how to jack up your vehicle.
Now, follow these steps:
1. Locate the oil pan and place the oil pan below.
2. Remove the drain plug and allow to drain fully.
3. Replace the plug.
4. Remove the oil filter with your wrench.
5. Lubricate your new oil filter with new oil.
6. Fill the filter partly with new oil.
7. Screw on the new filter with your hand.
8. Lower the vehicle and open the hood.
9. Use your funnel to fill the engine with new oil.
10. Check the oil level with your dipstick making sure the levels are sufficient.
1. Discard your old oil responsibly.
3. How to Check Your Vehicle’s Fluids
You’ll be surprised at how many check engine lights come on per year because fluid levels remained low for too long. This is Autel Scanner, and you’ll need to have any required fluids available. Simply open the hood, and locate the dip-stick or level for:
3. Power steering fluid
4. Windshield washer fluid
5. Brake fluid
Check and replace fluids as needed. If the fluids are dirty, you may need to drain them and replace them.
4. How to Clean the Battery Cables
If your battery cables get dirty, you’ll have problems starting your vehicle. A good rule of thumb is to clean these cables every time you check your fluids – once every month or every other month will suffice.
You’ll need a few items:
* Wire brush
* Wrench or socket
A quick visual check will signal you to any erosion which may exist. Once you’ve checked for erosion, you’ll want to:
1. Remove the battery cables by locating the nut and loosening them.
2. Remove the ground first which is often the negative cable. There’s a guide to help you here.
3. Clean off any corrosion with the wire brush.
4. Put the posts back on and tighten as needed.
You can also use corrosion removing fluid, but I find the wire brush to work better.
5. How to Change Spark Plugs
Spark plugs are a bit complicated to replace, so make sure you’re comfortable before following these steps. You’ll also need a ratchet, socket wrench, spark plug socket and a 12″ socket extension to get started with MB STAR Diagnostic Tool.
Now, open your hood and locate your spark plugs.
1. Remove the first wire.
1. Use your socket and extension to remove the first spark plug.
1. Apply anti-seize compound to the threads of the spark plug ignoring the lower threads.
1. Install the new spark plug by hand and then tighten slightly. Use a torque wrench if possible.
1. Re-attach the wire.
1. Repeat for all spark plugs.
You need to ensure that you do this one wire at a time so that the wire order doesn’t get mixed up. Buy pre-gapped spark plugs and a torque wrench to follow the right specs for your vehicle.
Here’s the guide to duplicate a key for the Kia Ceed 2011 with chip PCF7936, pin code calculation and key programming is performed by Lonsdor K518ISE Key Programmer.
Step 1: Calculate Pin Code
Connect K518 host wit vehicle via OBD socket
Select Immobilizer->Kia->Read Pin Code->46 Chip
Turn ignition to ON position
Read pin code in progress
Read Pin code success. The Pin is exactly the same as read by Xhorse VVDI Key Tool.
Step 2: Program chip key
Back to Kia menu
Choose Select from type->Immobilizer->Type 1(CAN)
There are 2 keys existed
Select Program key function
Turn on ignition switch
Lonsdor K518 will require to enter Pin code to access
Program key success. Press Yes to program next key
Remove 1st key
Place next key and turn on ignition
Follow same procedure to program next key until program complete
The new key can start car.
Step 3: Program remote control
Select Kia->Select from type->Remote System->16 PIN->Type 4->Program remote
Note: If you are not sure about the system type, try one-by-one until success.
Don’t insert key into ignition
Program remote control: program LOCK or UNLOCK button for more than 1 s
Remote programming success.
Disconnect Key Programmer Lonsdor K518ISE.
Connect X-100 PAD2 with vehicle
Turn ignition switch to ON position
Select Immobilizer function->Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge-> Proximity/Fobik (RFH) ->Dodge->Dart 2013- >Program keys
Turn on hazard light and turn ignition off
Select Program Keys
Place a new Fobik into ignition. Ignition switch must be in the “LOCK” or “OFF” position
Xtool X100 pad2 requires to enter 4-digit pin code to access
Programming fobik in progress
Test the new fobik
Every Auto Key Programmer that can program keys by IR will work on chinese keys(only write once). (ak500, noimmo, mercedes intrument, nec pro 57, diagspeed, thelegendweb, simon touch, vvdi mb tool and cgdi-mb)
With the tools I quoted above I can tell you guys that they all can program NEC chinese keys, some can also renew and program again these chinese keys.
Remember I’m talking about random NEC chinese keys, not BE keys from noimmo.
BE key from noimmo can be written/renewed/read as much as you want by noimmo mbkeyprog and various other tools already. I’m not going to specify their names because I haven’t tested them.
Regarding NEC EZS:
In this situation: EZS (NEC)+Working v51/57 NEC key, all these recent devices (such as VVDI MB, CGDI-MB and the like) can add new keys, and most can also program new elv.
In this situation: EZS (NEC)+Working BGA key, the device that can add new key/program elv is Diagspeed and VVDI MB TOOL.
In this situation: EZS (NEC)+All Keys Lost, there is NO PUBLIC DEVICE that will add new key/program elv. The suggested solution is to buy a “virgin” EZS and adapt it directly/gray key(depends on tool). Myself, I think this solution is very expensive and would only be worth doing it if the car can absolutely not get new EIS from dealer.
Update: VVDI MB + VVDI Prog are confirmed to work perfectly
VERY IMPORTANT: key types and key programmer
Regarding w204 ELV:
First you need to know if ELV is not working only because of broken motor or also NEC disabled.
When you insert key on EIS, if you ear relay’s “ticking” inside ELV it indicates NEC is not disabled yet.
If NEC IS NOT DISABLED:
-You can replace motor with a new one.
-You can replace brushes inside original motor.
-You can get a ELV from a crashed car from scrapyard and swap the NEC.
If NEC IS DISABLED:
-You NEED to get some information from the EIS/Key. (You always need a WORKING KEY for this situation, again, if it is BGA, only VVDI MB and diagspeed can do it.)
-After you get this information you have various options:
–Repair+renew+program the old disabled NEC. (only thelegendweb, simontouch and diagspeed can do it)
–Get a used (but working) ELV from scrapyard, renew+program it by plug connection. (noimmo, mercedesinstrument, diagspeed, necpro57 can do it)*****
–Program an emulator.
-Or you can go to dealer, owner must sign the papers and wait for the things to arrive(From a few days to several days depending on country).
Some of these solution involve opening/mounting/closing ELV which can be a hassle for many people.
*****You need to check that some devices/companies will charge you tokens to calculate files, renew units, etc.
Anyway, to me, my unbiased selection of the best device is Diagspeed or VVDI MB TOOL + CGDI MB if for all Mercedes, coz CGDI MB is the only for FBS4 but not for BGA that you should have VVDI MB or Diagspeed.
So you need to really know what you want to be able to repair and if it’s worth to buy a 1k or 3k or 6k or 8k or 10k device for that matter.
Lonsdor K518ISE new update (2018/08/08)
8A Smart key
2007 crown key
Alphard Add smart key
Crown 68 chip all lost
2013/2015 Verna Remote
2009 Rohens Add smart key
2014 Sonata 8 Communication
2014 1X25 Smart key all lost
Honda & Nissan
Honda Accord 9th key
2017 NISSAN Toana 4A Transponder
CG Pro 9S12 Freescale Programmer V18.104.22.168 updated (2018.08.04):
CG Pro 9S12 Key Programmer Highlights:
Read and write any BMW CAS 1-4, Porsche BCM, Mercedes-Benz EIS, Audi BCM2 Etc anti-
theft computer (100% stable security, subject to domestic test users alike)
Land Rover Discovery 3
Honda Fit High
Honda Fit Low
Hyundai 2016 Carens
Hyundai Sonata 9
Hyundai Sonata 9 V2
KIA 2016 K3
KIA 2016 K5
Suzuki 2017 Jimny
BMW F Series (3 Series)
ChangAn ZhiXin II
3.Add Gateway, Support for CGMB Gateway data writes
Benz 204/212-1L15Y (FLASH)
Benz 204/212-3M25J (FLASH)
5.Fixed the problem that CAS2-2K79X read failure
6.Optimizing code to improve the stability of program operation.
The reason why Xentry Diagnostic Openshell version 09.2014 is the best software for MB STAR C3 is that:
anything after Xentry 09.2014 you have to do too many fixes to get it fully working..
For those with Mb Star C3 mux, YOU HAVE TO KNOW:
11.2012 Xentry: best for OFFLINE PROGRAMMING
09.2014 Xentry: the BEST – the most famous and favorite
12.2015 Xentry: advise to use xentry xp/xdos up to 12/2015
05.2016 Xentry: the LAST version working with PartD aka C3
If there is any chance it will work with C3, the first thing is to play with toolkit.ini
It will be in c:\program files\Mercedes-Benz\SDconnect Toolkit\bin\toolkit.ini or C:\Program Files (x86)\Mercedes-Benz\SDconnect Toolkit\bin\toolkit.ini
There will be a line that says UseComPorts=
Here add the port number you wish to use.
Note that since 2016-01 part D is replace with part Z (bosch vci). so if you want to use C3, you have to use old driver.
In summary, version 09.2014 is the best for your C3!!
Upload images of C3 and XDOS 09.2014 working perfect…
IMPORTANT: XDOS 09.2014 download & how to install
09.2014 XDOS download free:
MEGA Folder with Xentry 9.2014+All Extra Stuff.zip
BIG THANKS to all the folks that provide us all the fixes and solutions for all the errors!!! Without them this guide wouldn’t be possible! It’s not necessary to add all the name here. They know who they are!
– Congrats guys and thanks a lot –
1) Windows XP Service Pack 3
2) Partition manager
3) Virtual drive program
5) Adobe Acrobat Reader 10
6) Drivers for your laptop
7) Xentry 2xDVDs (modified)
8) SDMedia 1 2014
9) Fixes (bin fix / blacklists/ pic. fix)
10) Key generators
11) Framework 2.0 and 3.5 sp1
12) Active Iso maker
This installation Guide has be done for a 160GB HDD. Information for 120GB are providing.
Phase 1: (XP fresh installation)
1. insert bootable XP SP3 CD
2. enter bios setting and make boot from CD first choice
3. install win XP with following considerations in order:
* Delete your partitions if already your HDD is partitioned…
* create partition in unpartitioned space C : 30GB
* install win in C: partition after formatting drive in NTFS “”not quick””
* create two accounts : the first is STAR , the second OWNER ? login to both accounts
* restart your system
* login to STAR
* Install partition manager (Partition Manager -[epm].exe)
* Create partition as follows (160GB HDD is recommended) :
[Already Exist]-C: 30GB (STAR)
D: 30 GB (RECOVER)
E: 50 GB (WIS)
F: 50 GB (DAS)
Note: letters are extremely important. NTFS is mandatory…use Default allocation size
* Restart is required to apply partitions by partition manager program…
* Login to STAR…Open My computer.
* Install all the drivers of your machine
* Go to control panel>system>hardware>Device manager to confirm that no device hasn’t installed. If u find a device not known install its’ driver.
* Restart system as required by some drivers.
* After that install: Adobe reader [Adobe_Reader_10_0_1.exe]
Virtual clone program [SetupVirtualCloneDrive5450.exe]
.NET Framework 2.0 for Windows XP.exe
.NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (Full Package) .exe
NOTE: If you have 120GB HHD then create the following partitions:
C : 30 GB
D: 10 GB
E: 45 GB
F: 35 GB
Phase 2: (Preparation for Xentry installation)
1 Go to Newguide2j folder
2 click WFP switch (stands for Windows File Protection)
3 restart your system as required to apply settings
4 Logging to Star account.
5 Go to Newguide2j folder
6 Click “prepare.bat” batch (follow commands..10 steps will be executed).system will be restarted
7 Login to Star. You will find Star Utilities in your desktop
Phase 3: (DVD1 Xentry installation)
1 Set time to 05/09/2014 (5th of September 2015)
2 Set power option to Never (Always on)
3 Go to STARTUTILITIES in desktop. Double click to start “star key center”
4 Insert keys for Xentry and WIS and Das with the following considerations:
* Use keygens provided in sources.
* BE aware to tick expiry date for the keys and set it forward eg. 01/01/2020
* keys need information as Hardware id and App id and LAN id….Copy them correctly form the startkey to generate the right key
* click save
* if it is correct and saved u will notify that validity appeared after clicking save
Possibly errors: If you get an error for Xentry Diagnosis for saving the key
Example: “LicCheckLicence Xentry Diagnostics
4-Startkey can not be decoded or scheme is not recognized, or appid unknown!”
Solution: Then go to “C:\WINDOWS\ZAK\Starutils” delete the existing “CommonLic.dll” and copy the one from folder “Fixes\FOR-XENTRY-KEY-ERROR\CommonLic_2011-06-19-[For Xentry Key Error Saving]” and paste it in the above folder. After that restart Star Utilities and generate a new key and now the key will be saved without problems. Now Mount DVD1
1 explore mounted dvd1/ STARDIAG
2 click setup.exe
3 Setup will start
4 Choose Language. If you choose different language from you windows language then PC will restart. After that re-launch DVD1 to virtual drive and run again setup.exe
5 Wait and follow instructions ordinary
6 Setup will pop up that no startkey click yes…setup will launch Start Key Center now with new appearance
7 Insert new key using Xentry key generator (Xentry Developer (1).exe) with Appid 253 and NEW hardware id…Save key…
Possibly errors: “star key center (SC0003E)”
Solution: From folder “Fixes\FOR-XENTRY-KEY-ERROR\StartKey Centr” run “StartKey Centr.exe” and now re-ender new generated key from keygen.
8 Exit start key center
9 Setup will continue….
NOTES: ? Setup will need to restart. This is ordinary. After restart launch setup again as previous if not launched automatically
* Plug computer to power source. If u don’t the setup will be terminated!
* New login will appear … wait…don’t switch of lap.
10 DVD1 complete successfully and setup will require DVD2 after restart
Phase 4: (DVD2 Xentry installation)
After restart, run from Desktop “Star Utilities” and when it opens, press “Star Key Center” button to check if it’s ok.
Possible Error: “Launch4j This application was configured to use a bundled Java Runtime Environment but the runtime is missing or corrupted”
Solution: From folder “SKC_SETUP” run “SETUP.EXE” and choose to repair the installation. Now Star Key Center should run without problems.
* mount DVD2
* Explore DVD2 >STARDIAG
* Click setup.exe
* Setup will start
* Setup will complete and require YOU to click finish to restart…DON’T CLICK FINISH!!
* Go to Newguide2j
* Click after installation.bat patch and wait to be finished
* Return to Xentry setup and now click Finish. System will restart and hot fixes installation begins.
Now you have XENTRY
Phase 5: (fixes and configurations phase)
* Navigate to: Control panel > System > Hardware > Device manager > Ports (COM & LPT). Right click on that COM port you have left enabled and select Properties. Go to Port Settings tab and set these values:
Bits per second: 115200
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: None
Then click on Advanced… button and make sure Use FIFO buffers are checked and COM Port Number is set to COM2.
Press OK and close Device manager.
THIS for Part D
* Apply pic. Fix [Xentry Pics Fix (9.2014).exe]
* Apply bin fixes [ALL BIN_T_D_D2 09.2014] for your version of MUX.
* Apply blacklist [Xentry_Blacklist_Fixed_Solutions_2013-2014.exe].
* From DAS AddONs 9.2014 run mb_add_installer_v1.exe and press install (wait to finish)
Phase 6: SDMedia installation
* Mount “SDMedia 1-2.2014 FULL.iso” to virtual DVD drive
* Run “setup.exe” from the main folder and wait the installation to complete
This guide is provided by lallasgr/kalatopas after a lot of reading and searching in forums
I hope that you will be able to install Xentry 09.2014 without problems
– Good luck to everybody –