Autel MK808 vs DS808
Autel MK808 & DS808 detailed Review
Autel MaxiDas DS808
The Maxidas DS808 is a slightly difference. It focuses on working with engine and ECU diagnostics more extensively. In other words, it’s designed to diagnose engine problems instead of turning off the airbag light. This is the best tool to see what’s going on inside an engine.
Like the MK808, this scan system comes with a tablet and an OBD2 cable. The tablet has a large, clear screen, 32 GB of on-board storage, and a powerful processor that can easily read and interpret scan data.
The DS808 has full support for all vehicle electronics. It’ll work with fault codes, view live data, and even view manufacturer-specific engine sensor data. It can view what the ECU is doing and sensor output,too.
Furthermore, the software of DS808 has plenty of extra features for professionals. You can easily view old data and manage customer information.
* Unrivaled OE-level diagnostics for ultimate engine analysis
* Read and clear basic engine codes and perform deep diagnostic scans
* View sensor data in real time
* The roomy touchscreen makes viewing data easy
* Fast processor ensures scans execute quickly
* The professional software works with virtually all makes and has advanced business features
* Doesn’t clear manufacturer specific codes (like airbags, ABS, etc)
* Have to charge the tablet
WHO SHOULD BUY IT?
The MK808 is for automotive professionals. It’s the superior choice if you find yourself diagnosing car engines often. It’s definitely the tool of choice for people who need the deeper scans and advanced diagnostics it offers.
Autel MaxiCom MK808
The best part about the MK808 is its wide compatibility. In other words, it’ll work with every make and model of car and read almost any manufacturer-specific code.
To be clear, the MK808 doesn’t just work with basic OBD2 codes. It also can read more advanced manufacturer specific codes from domestic, Asian, and European brands. This means that you can use it to perform an oil reset or read DPF/TPMS/IMMO/EPB/SAS codes.
The MK808 is a fast, modern tablet scanner. It lets you work with a big, vivid touchscreen, and lots of power processes. Moreover, it is recharged faster than a normal OBD2 scanner. This means codes come up faster and the live data display is incredibly useful.
* A big screen and easy to use interface
* Fast processing power and memory
* Virtually unmatched compatibility
* Professional software and more extra features
* You need to charge the tablet
* Doesn’t have the advanced engine functionality of the DS808
WHO SHOULD BUY IT?
The Autel MaxiCom MK808 is marketed towards car enthusiasts and average vehicle owners. The incredible compatibility and ease of use make it a top choice for anyone working with cars professionally.
The MK808 is compatible with every car made after 1996 and can clear tricky manufacturer trouble codes. If you want a scanner that can solve the broadest range of problems on the broadest range of cars, it’s the one to choose.
On the other hand, the Autel Scanner DS808 offers deep diagnostics that make diagnosing engine problems a breeze. If you want to view live ECU data to get to the heart of an engine issue quickly, the DS808 is the right choice.